Highland Hills Church is a contemporary Southern Baptist Church located in Fort Thomas, Kentucky, and serves the surrounding area that includes the city of Cincinnati, Ohio. We are a congregation that averages 170 attendees per week and are seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to lead our family of believers into deeper growth and connection. We desire to be mission-minded and seek the lost. We value community and believe growth happens in the setting of small groups. We love the Lord and the Bible is our compass.
It all begins with God. Through Jesus, we can know Him personally. We are faithful to Him above all else. At Highland Hills Church, we have a team of Elders who, along with the Pastor, oversees the vision, mission, and ministries the Lord has given to our church body. Any man who serves as a Pastor is to possess the characteristics described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
OUR VALUES AND BELIEFS
At Highland Hills Church, we are a family that is faithful to God above all else. We seek to honor God in all we do through biblical teaching, worshiping, seeking God through prayer, and being a light to our community. We believe people matter, therefore we love, support, and pray for one another. Our church is an authentic, warm, and welcoming environment, especially to visitors and new believers. Because the church exists for the World, we serve others before ourselves. We want to continue to expand our mission efforts both inside and outside the United States. We believe God created us to connect; spiritual growth happens best in community with other believers.
Read more about our Values and Beliefs.
We currently offer a service with engaging music and biblically-based teaching with practical application to everyday life. Our gathering time is Sunday morning at 10:30. We also have Life Groups that meet throughout the week and various community events throughout the year.
Our worship service is led by our Worship Leader, who directs and mentors our band, praise team, and all other aspects of Sunday morning worship. The Senior Pastor will coordinate with the Worship Leader to ensure a smooth Sunday service.
Associate Pastor/Pastor of Students and Young Adults
Minister to Children
Visit our Staff page.
The Senior Pastor will work alongside the Staff and Elders as the Chairman of the Elder Board to shepherd the flock. This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Primary Spiritual Leader of the Church
The Senior Pastor protects and strengthens the theological integrity and doctrinal purity of Highland Hills Church. He enthusiastically instructs, inspires, and motivates the congregation while also caring and praying for the flock. This may include counseling, baptisms, weddings, and funerals. He leads by modeling what it means to follow Jesus in his character so his life is marked by the fruit of the Spirit in his words, actions, priorities, and motives.
2. Provides Godly Vision and Direction for the Church
The Senior Pastor is responsible for receiving God's vision for the church, along with the affirmation and accountability of the Elders and Staff to endorse and execute it. He holds this vision with an open hand, knowing God is in control. The Senior Pastor helps shape the culture of the church around the vision by ensuring the Staff and leadership teams are aligned and acquire the tools and resources necessary to faithfully execute God's vision. He communicates the vision effectively - giving personal and spiritual leadership to our congregation, staff, and other ministry leaders.
3. Primary Teacher and Mentor to Other Leaders Who Are Gifted to Teach
The Senior Pastor teaches and protects the church with biblical theology and doctrinal integrity. The Senior Pastor leads the teaching environment on the weekend and sets the direction, scope, and sequence of Bible-based sermons. The Senior Pastor proactively seeks to raise up others to effectively teach the Word in various settings, including small groups. The Senior Pastor works with the Worship Leader to plan the order of the service each week and coordinate with other ministries, staff, and Elders to ensure an effective worship environment.
4. Provides and Models Godly Leadership for the Entire Church Family
The Senior Pastor oversees, educates, and grows church leadership to create and maintain a faithful church family and healthy church culture. The Senior Pastor values, participates, and supports small group leaders as they serve and embraces their role as a vital aspect of the spiritual formation of the body. He works closely with the Staff and Elders to promote spiritual growth. The Senior Pastor recognizes and challenges people to use their various gifts. The Senior Pastor believes the church is a community of faith that is set apart because of God's love and strives to see the fruit of the Spirit evident in our daily lives and in our service to our community and across the globe.
5. Other Responsibilities
The Senior Pastor supports, oversees, and evaluates the staff. He communicates clearly with the staff and Elders on issues relating to vision, ministry, and strategic planning. He meets regularly with the Elders and/or Staff to address any issues, major expenses, and day-to-day operations at the church.
- Must feel called to serve at Highland Hills Church.
- The Senior Pastor should embrace and demonstrate the biblical qualifications of a Pastor (Elder) (1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9).
- Shows a thorough knowledge of and love for Scripture.
- Demonstrates preaching ability and the gift of teaching the Word of God to a multi-generational, diverse congregation that inspires and leads people to apply truth in their daily lives.
- Capable of leading a growing church with multiple staff members and has at least 5 years of vocational ministry as either a Senior Pastor, Associate/Assistant Pastor, or an acceptable equivalent role.
- Exhibits the gifts and creative leadership skills necessary to work in a collaborative team environment and should be able to establish and achieve goals as a mutually edifying and supportive team leader/member.
- Uses wisdom, maturity, and sound judgment in unison with his gifts, qualifications, and skills to carry out duties and responsibilities with diligence.
- Models a healthy family culture and disciples others to do the same.
- Willingly supports and works alongside the Elders and embraces their role to keep him accountable.
- Education: At minimum a bachelor's degree; however, some level of seminary education is preferred, such as a Masters of Divinity.
Interested candidates should submit the following via email. Please include everything in one message.
- A resume and cover letter in PDF form. Mailed resumes will not be considered.
- A 30-60 second video explaining why you feel called to pastor Highland Hills Church.
- Links to online recordings of recent sermons.
1 Timothy 3:1-7 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. (2) Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, (3) not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. (4) He must manage his own family and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. (5) (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?) (6) He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. (7) He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.
Titus 1:5-9 The reason I left you in Crete was that you might put in order what was left unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you. (6) An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient. (7) Since an overseer manages God's household, he must be blameless--not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. (8) Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. (9) He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.